JIZERSKÁ 50 RACE RULES
SKI KLUB JIZERSKÁ PADESÁTKA z.s., with its registered office at Jablonecká 21, Liberec 1, Postal code 460 01, Identification no.: 41324471, entered in the register of associations administered by the Regional Court in Ústí nad Labem, section L, file 377
MARKETING PARTNER AND CO-ORGANISER
RAUL s.r.o. with its registered office at Elišky Krásnohorské 5, Prague 1, Postal Code 110 00, Identification no.: 25608673; entered in the Commercial Register kept by the Municipal Court in Prague, file no. C 54464
The organiser of the Jizerská 50 event reserves the right to disqualify from the race or, as the case may be, from the entire series any racer who demonstrably commits a breach of the rules defined by the Code of Ethics of the Czech Olympic Committee (here: http://www.olympic.cz/upload/files/EKODEX.pdf) (hereinafter referred to as the Code).
In the case of a particularly serious breach of the rules outlined in the Code, the organiser of the Jizerská 50 event reserves the right to ban the given racer from participation in later Jizerská 50 races. If the disqualified racer has already paid the starting fee for subsequent races at the time of disqualification, such starting fee will be forfeited to the organiser, which will use it at to its own discretion, especially, though not exclusively, as compensation for damage caused by the breach of the Code and for payment of the purchase price of the prizes for the winners of the children’s categories. The disqualified racer is not thereby released from personal responsibility for compensation for damage toward the entities incurring damage due to the racer’s breach of the Code. During the races of the Jizerská 50 event, racers are obligated to primarily comply with these rules; non-compliance with these rules could result in time penalisation or full disqualification:
- The racer is obligated to use the marked trail from the starting line to the finish line and to pass through all checkpoints on such trail.
- The racer is obligated to travel the entire trail on skis only under his/her own power without aid from others or any other form of assistance.
- The racer may not hinder other racers and must avoid collisions with them.
- The racer is obliged to observe safe behavior in the track during the race.
- Racers are not allowed to race the dogs.
- The racer must enable faster racers to pass (within reasonable limits). Normally, slower racers should use the right track, faster racers the left track.
- The racer may not discard rubbish on the trail outside of the designated zones located near the refreshment stations, approximately 100m before and 100m beyond the refreshment stations.
- The racer must have his/her starting number visibly affixed to his/her chest (the starting number may not be altered in any way and must be used in such a manner that its entire area is visible) and an electronic chip attached.
- The racer shall bear in mind that the starting number and chip are not transferrable to another person and violation of this rule will result in disqualification.
- The racer is obligated to read the race instructions at www.jiz50.cz and to comply with all instructions issued by the organiser and published prior to the race.
- Based on EU regulations, the racer is not allowed to use any waxes containing C8 fluorocarbons/PFOA
- The racer participates in the race at his/her own risk; by submitting the registration form, the racer confirms that his/her health condition allows him/her to take part in the race.
- The racer is obligated to adhere to the classic style on the 50 km, 25 km and 10 km trails – failure to use this style can be a reason for disqualification.
- Only persons over 15 years of age can participate in Jizerska 50 at 50 km. Persons under the age of 18 may participate in the race only with the consent of the legal representative. Other shorter races can be held by persons below the age of 18 only with the consent of the legal representative. For these races, the prohibition on start-up for persons under the age of 15 is not subject to the consent of the legal representative.
- The racer is obligated to mark his/her skis with the enclosed stickers. Only one ski may be replaced during the race; replacement of poles is permitted.
- In races using classic technique, the maximum permitted length of poles is 83% of the racer’s body height; in races using freestyle technique, the maximum permitted length of poles is 100% of the racer’s body height (body height is measured in ski boots; pole length is measured from the loop to the tip of the pole).
Participants have the possibility to file complaints regarding the race result within five calendar days following the date of the race at the e-mail address email@example.com.
The organiser reserves the right to change the programme, instructions, these rules and conditions without prior notification.
In the event that we have to limit the capacity of the race to a lower number than the registered competitors due to covid-19, the previously registered competitors will have priority.
In Liberec, on 1 August 2023
for SKI KLUB JIZERSKÁ PADESÁTKA z. s.