Jizerská 50 - FAQ on the current situation
Why have you closed registrations?
- At the moment we are cooperating with the Czech Ministry of Health and the National Sports Agency. Further negotiation will take place in January and until then we have decided to close registration in order not to have to refuse skiers who have already signed up if the race capacity is lowered.
Will it be possible to register later?
- It is very likely that it won’t be possible. However, everything depends on the meeting with the Ministry of Health and on the final format of the race.
I have a gift voucher, but I haven’t registered yet. What are the options if I don’t want the voucher to expire?
- If you have bought or have been given the gift voucher, you will be able to sign up to a waiting list. You enter the code in the next step and after verification you will be allowed to register within 48 hours. You will receive information by email. Otherwise, your code is invalid.
What will the race look like?
- A meeting with the Ministry of Health is planned for the middle of January; it should outline the format of the races. We’re working on a format which would be safe for all participants and organisers and at the same time as close to the Jizerská 50 you know as possible.
I can’t take part in the race, is it possible to transfer my race fee to another person?
- Race fee can be transferred to another person through your SportID. The transfer costs 300 CZK (if you are transferring to a longer race you also have to pay for the difference in the race fee). Instructions on how to transfer your race fee can be found HERE.
Can I resell my race fee to someone? Where can I do that?
- If you want to sell your start number use the 54th ČEZ Jizerská 50 facebook event. You can publish your offer in the Posts section.
When will you publish start numbers and individual waves?
- We still don’t know how exactly the whole event will work, so please be patient. The complete information about the format of the race will be published in the second half of January.
I want to sell my start number, will my substitute start from the same wave?
- Your substitute will get a new number and be placed in the wave according to her/his performance. The wave can’t be transferred.
When will more information on the format of the race be published?
- In the second half of January. The exact date depends on our negotiations with the Ministry of Health.
Will you organise the race even if it is not possible to book accommodation?
- Yes, the event will take place even if accommodation facilities are not open. It is not possible for us to change the government’s regulations that control opening or closing accommodation facilities.
Can someone else pick up my race bib for me?
- We will publish more information about bib distribution in the week before the race.
I’m from abroad, is there an exception for skiers like me so that I can get to the event?
- If you want to come to the Czech Republic, it will be possible providing you pay for a PCR test on your entry to the country. More information is available on the Ministry of Foreign Affairs website. The situation can change during the month up to the race.
Is it possible to transfer your virtual entry fee to another competitor / race?
- Re-registration within another ČEZ Jizerská 50 virtual plant for another person is not possible. Route changes are allowed. To change, write to info@sportID.cz with the subject CHANGE OF ROUTE VIRTUAL JIZERSKÁ 50. However, please note that the content of the start package cannot be changed and a new one will not be sent after the change. The change is free.